The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions. In entering our site you as a user (‘You’) are accepting our terms and conditions. Use of this website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. The access and use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date on which you first use this website.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site. Information collected by us is used for internal review, to improve the content of Royal Exchange Theatre website, to customise the content and/or layout of Royal Exchange Theatre website, to notify users about updates to the Royal Exchange Theatre website, and to contact users for marketing purposes and is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
TICKET SALES AND EXCHANGES
- Tickets and vouchers cannot be exchanged or money refunded - unless we have to cancel a performance, you have covid symptoms or a positive diagnosis, or are self-isolating due to possible contact with covid. More information
- Please book tickets following government guidance for the numbers of households permitted to mix indoors.
- Due to social distancing, our seating for in-person shows is arranged in bubbles, which are groups of tickets containing a specific number of seats (1, 2, 3 or 4) next to each other in one row. Please choose where to sit based on the number of seats you need. Due to social distancing, there are no group discounts for in-person shows.
- Please do not attend if you have Covid symptoms, a positive test result or are required to isolate.
- Any tickets sold on for profit or personal / commercial gain will be voided.
- If we are successful in reselling it, a refund will be issued as a credit to your Royal Exchange account. We’ll deduct 10% of the cost of the ticket from the credit as a handling fee.
- The credit will be valid for 12 months, and can be used against any future bookings. Alternatively, we can issue it as a refund to your credit/debit card if you contact us directly.
- Gift vouchers are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase. Gift Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
CONCESSIONS AND DISCOUNTS
Only one discount is available per ticket.
Proof of ID may be required for discounts.
When seating capacity reaches a certain level, some offers, concessions and discounts may not apply.
Ticket prices may vary for different performances according to demand.
AT THE VENUE
- Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable moment in the performance. If you wish to re-enter at stage level during the performance, you may be re-seated at gallery level. This is because doors at stage level are used for actor’s entry and scene changes through the performance.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission and alter the programme without prior notice.
- Photos and filming are not allowed during the actual performance, but please take as many images of our unique stage and building as you like before and after the show, and during the interval.
- Please see our Visiting Us In Person page for more information.
CHILDREN AND INFANTS
- We welcome audiences of all ages but we ask that tickets are purchased for all children over 18 months (unless it's a Relaxed Performance where there is no age restriction).
- We try to offer at least one Relaxed Performance per performance - these are designed to welcome everyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment in which to watch a show.
- If your child becomes very vocal or distressed we may ask you to leave the auditorium until they settle. Due to the nature of our space, on returning to the auditorium you may be asked to use a different seat.
- Audiences are asked to consult the theatre or individual productions online for advice on the content and age suitability of different productions.
- Information supplied may be used for registered purposes under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Act 2018. See our Privacy Notice
- In keeping with current government guidelines, we are required to capture details of all people who come to the Royal Exchange Theatre. If you can, we will ask you to use the NHS Track and Trace. If you are unable to, you will be required to complete a paper form. This will be stored securely for 21 days and then destroyed, in keeping with GDPR regulations.
- When a performance has the potential to sell out, we bring in dynamic pricing for some performances. It's an approach that is similar to airline ticket prices which change according to demand. Some ticket prices on certain performances therefore may increase if the demand is enough, so it's always best to book early for popular shows.
LINKING TO THE ROYAL EXCHANGE WEBSITE
- We are happy for you to link directly to the information that is hosted on our site. We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site; Royal Exchange pages must load into the user’s entire window.
- We reserve the right to move or change our website URLs at any time in order to meet changing needs and to continually improve its online service. External websites link to the this website at their own risk.
- We do not encourage deep linking but recommend linking to the homepage, which is less likely to move or change.
- Tell us how and why you wish to use our logos. Please include your contact details: name, address, telephone number and email.
- The Royal Exchange Theatre website is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chat, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on this website, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
- Links contained in this website will lead to other websites which are not under our control.
- We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Listing and linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
- The purpose of this policy is to ensure that people who communicate with the Royal Exchange Theatre website understand the way in which electronic mail (email) should be used. Its aim is to ensure that email is used effectively for its intended purpose without infringing legal requirements or creating unnecessary business risk.
- The statement applies to all incoming and outgoing email messages to or from Royal Exchange Theatre:
"This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you have received. Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with the Royal Exchange's policy on the use of electronic communications.
The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Royal Exchange Theatre. Internet email is not a secure medium. Emails sent via the Internet could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear that in mind when deciding whether to send material to the Royal Exchange . You have a responsibility to ensure laws are not broken when composing or forwarding emails and their contents. Attachments to email messages may contain viruses that may damage your system. Whilst Royal Exchange has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment."
- We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.