Manchester is building The Factory, a new venue for creativity and the arts, in the heart of the city. The Factory will present bold new work by the world’s most exciting artists – and it will also be home to The Factory Academy, which will help people from all backgrounds to start new careers in the creative industries.
The Factory Academy, working with a range of Greater Manchester venues, has launched an exciting opportunity to learn new skills through Traineeships and Creative Venue Technician (CVT) Apprenticeships.
Our eight-week Traineeships begin in October 2019, and include both training and a three-week work placement. After your Traineeship, there is the possibility of becoming a CVT Apprentice, for which you would be given a two-year contract to work in a creative venue such as a theatre or arts centre from January 2020.
As a CVT Apprentice, you will play an active part in the technical operation of the venue – working on such elements as lighting, audio and scene changes, and using a variety of tools to make, install and maintain scenery and other equipment.
If you are…
– Aged 19–24, from Greater Manchester and unemployed
– Not qualified above Level 2 / GCSE
– Available for an eight-week traineeship from October
– Interested in creativity and music
– Proud of Greater Manchester
– Able to communicate well with people
– Eager to learn new skills and start your career in the creative industries
– Positive, motivated and cooperative
– Respectful of people from all backgrounds
… We want to meet you!
To be in with a chance of a Traineeship, you must attend an Open Day on Monday 7 October 2019
You must register to attend the Open Day by 4pm on Friday 4 October 2019
To register, please call The Factory Academy on 0161 247 8094