Applications are now OPEN for the Young Company 21/22 Year! If you’re interested in Performing, Directing, Designing, Technical Theatre or Writing then apply now to become one of our Young Company Performers, Makers or Writers.
To be in the running, you will need to fill in the application form and book a place on the relevant recruitment workshop sessions which are on the following dates:
• MAKERS - 11 Aug 2021
• PERFORMERS - 13 & 20 Aug 2021
• WRITERS - 18 Aug 2021
If you’re interested in all the above but cannot join the Young Company, why not become a Young Company Collective member? Memberships are £5 for the year (until 31 August 2021). More details, including workshops available so far available here.
"To me, the Young Company is a place where you can truly be yourself. Everyone wants to challenge themselves whilst making sure that no one is left behind."
We offer training opportunities for Performers, Directors, Designers, Technicians and Writers. Check out our Young Company video here for more information.
• PERFORMERS – a year-long course for people aged 14-17 and 18-21 interested in performing, acting, working in groups and trying out new styles of theatre
• MAKERS – a one-year programme for people aged 16-21 interested in directing, technical theatre, writing or design
• WRITERS – a year-long programme for people aged 16-21 interested in writing plays and reading scripts
• Young Collective – an open-access programme of drop-in workshops for young people aged 14-21
The Young Company year will be a bit different, with the course running from September 2021 – August 2022. This will be split up into term terms and a summer production.